Voluntary ecological year in the Zoo am Meer
The zoo is an institution which should convey knowledge about the variety of the fauna and understandings in biological and ecological relations to the visitors.
The zoo school as a main element is the information center for young and old, a place of meeting with animals so to experience animals with all senses.
For there are less school classes and less guided tours and children’s birthdays to be attended during winter time the voluntaries become familiar to all hedges at the beginning and assist in animal care for they have to convey their knowledge about these animals and their living spaces from spring time on.
- Graduate of a secondary school or specialized secondary school
- Main class or basic class in biology
- Loving animals
- No allergy against animal hair
- Having joy in associating with people especially with children
- Assistance in zoo animal care
- Assistance in zoo projects like f.e. research and zoo day
Engagement in zoo school:
- Assistance in attendance of school classes and kindergarten
- Animal-like birthdays: being on intimate terms with animals
- Guided tours
The engagement takes place mainly during the week. If any event should take place on a week-end the participant gets some time off during the week.
The participants dispose – together with the animal keepers - of a large common room which also offers a computer. Modern sanitary facilities are self-evident.
The zoo is monthly paying an extra allowance for food of EUR 100,--, the Federal Govern-ment and the community are monthly paying EUR 188,--. The participants are insured via econtur GmbH.
There is no problem to rent a favourable apartment in Bremerhaven. A connection to the local transport system is available.
Please send your application until end of April to : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information:
Please contact: www.foej-bremen.de